This tutorial will teach you how to configure binds ("key shortcuts") of the game Call of Duty 7 (COD7) - Black Ops
What is a bind : It's a shortcut that assignes a key of the keyboard to an action. You can use it for example to display a message during the game.
How to configure binds
- Go in the folder of the game "Call of Duty"
On Window7 : C:/Program/Steam/SteamApps/common/call of duty black ops/player
- Open the file config_mp.cfg with a text editor (ex: Wordpad)
- Add your binds in this file. Go back to a new line for each "bind"
Structure of a bind
bind H "say Hello"
- H : is the id of your key that is assigned to the action
- say : tell that the message is going to be transmitted to everybody
- Hello : is the message that is going to be displayed
Key that you can use for your binds
- H, J, K, L, M, U, I, O, P
- F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9 et F11
- General keyboard : 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 0.
- Numerical keyboard : 5
You can add color to your text adding the symbol ^ and then the number of the color. White is the default color.
To display the word "color" in red, you should write :
^0 - black
^1 - red
^2 - green
^3 - yellow
^4 - blue
^5 - light blue
^6 - pink
^7 - white
^8 = grey
^9 = black
bind F1 "say ^1He ^7ll ^4o"
- He : en rouge
- ll : en blanc
- o : en bleu
Add a bind directly in the game consol
If you don't find the configuration file, you can add your binds directly in the game consol.
- Open it with the key ²
- Enter : /bind key say message
- After saving your file, you must put your file on "read only" mode. To do that, right clic on the file and open the properties. If you don't do that, your binds will be erased.
- Don't assign keys to your binds that are already assigned to other actions.
- Don't put spaces in your sentences
bind H "say hello everybody"
bind H "say hello_everybody"
Évaluer ce billet
- Note : 4.9
- Votes : 9
- Plus haute : 5
- Plus basse : 4